1. doing what is ordered; submission.
1. to carry out the instructions or orders of. 2. to be guided by; submit to the control of.
1. distinct and definite steps toward greater levels of awareness and ability as an Operating Being.
1. a thing that can be seen, touched, or otherwise sensed; material thing. 2. a condensed piece of energy.
1. to urge against; oppose. 2. to dislike or disapprove of.
1. of or having to do with a known or perceived object as distinguished from an idea, belief or mental concept. 2. observable objects in present time rather than subjective data in the Individual’s mind. 3. being, or regarded as being, independent of the mind; real; actual. 4. without bias or prejudice; detached; impersonal. 5. being the aim or goal of one’s endeavors or actions.
1. anything external to or independent of the mind; something observable, tangible. 2. something aimed at or striven for.
1. the manifestation of putting, unknowingly, perceptions in the environment which do not actually exist.
1. the physical things in the universe that everyone agrees are there.
1. processes that increase a Preclear’s ability to relate to things in the room by familiarizing him with that physical environment. 2. look, touch and feel processes.
1. processes which familiarize a person with the physical universe by observing and touching objects in the room.
- (1) a type of process which helps a person direct his attention off himself and onto his environment and the people and things in it. Objective refers to outward things, not the thoughts or feelings of the individual. Objective Processes deal with the real and observable. They call for the person to spot or find something exterior to himself. [Kevin Brady]
1. plural of object.
1. to observe the obvious; to take note of the way something actually is.
1. observing the obvious; the only way one sees anything is by observing the obvious; one looks at the is-ness of something, at what is actually there; fortunately, the ability to obnose is not in any sense “inborn” or mystical; it is easily regained and improved through the technology of Alethiology and Alethanetics.
- (1) a coined word put together from "observing the obvious." It is the action of a person looking at another person or an object and seeing exactly what is there, not a deduction of what might be there from what he does see. [Kevin Brady]
1. to become aware of, through the senses; to direct the senses toward something so as to become aware of it.
1. a person who directs his/her senses toward something so as to become aware of it. 2. a person who cannot occupy a source point or receipt point; a person who cannot be anything.
1. the domination of thoughts and feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire.
1. non-stop compulsive talking with no listening. 2. an outflow which is not in reality with the existing reality; an outflow which is not pertinent to the surrounding terminals and situation.
1. easy to see or understand; plain; evident. 2. standing out so prominently that the eye or mind cannot miss it.
1. that which is easy to see or understand; that which is plain or evident: as, the action of observing the obvious is not inborn and can be learned.
1. easily seen or understood; clear to the eye or mind; not to be doubted; plain.
1. to close, shut, or block (a passage). 2. to prevent the passage of (something) by closing; shut in or out.
1. closed, shut or blocked.
1. memory not available for recall; poor memory and poor recalls of the past. 2. a situation in which the sum of all past by-passed charge is unavailable for recall.
1. any part of a person’s memories that is hidden on the Time Track and is not available to conscious recall except through processing.
1. a mechanism in the Preclear’s mind that blocks out certain pieces of information, preventing contact with either the standard or reactive banks.
1. to dwell in. 2. to hold (a position or office). 3. to take up or fill up (space, time, etc.). 4. to employ, busy, or engage (oneself, one’s attention, mind, etc.).
1. to take place; happen. 2. to present itself; come to mind.
1. took place; happened.
1. the act or fact of occurring. 2. something that occurs; event; incident.
1. belonging to. 2. used to indicate relation or classification. 3. concerning; about.
1. so as to be away, at a distance, to a side, etc.: as, his mind is off the subject at hand. 2. so as to be no longer on, attached, united, in contact, etc.: as, the charge blew off when he spotted the incident.
1. not on, attached, united, etc.:as, her coat is off. 2. not in operation, function, continuance, etc.: as, the motor is off. 3. gone away; on the way: as, he’s off on a fishing trip. 4. not up to the usual level, standard, etc.: as, an off season. 5. wrong; in error: as, his calculations were off. OK or O.K. see OKAY
1. all right; correct.
1. approval; endorsement.
1. to approve; endorse.
1. of the sense of smell.
1. a suffix meaning the study of or the science of: as,Biology,Geology, etc.
1. to fail to include; leave out. 2. to fail to do; neglect.
1. failed to include; left out. 2. failed to do; neglected.
1. with regard or respect to; in connection, association or activity with.
1. being a single thing, or unit; not two or more. 2. characterized by unity; forming a whole; united; undivided. 3. designating a person or thing as contrasted with or opposed to another. 4. single in kind; the same.
1. the number expressing unity or designating a single unit; it is the lowest cardinal number and the first used in counting a series, etc.; 1. 2. a single person or thing.
1. a certain person or thing; some person or thing. 2. any person or thing; anybody or anything. 3. the same person or thing.
1. again; as before.
1. harmonious alignment with all aspects of life. 2. the experience of being the one running the body. 3. the experience of being an individual.
1. with no other or anything else besides; alone. 2. merely; just; and no more.
1. the fixed idea that there is only one solution or alternative to a given problem or situation; this is a prime factor in fanaticism, neurosis and psychosis.
1. a particular course of action designed to enable a Preclear to examine, communicate with and own two dissimilar objects. Abbr.OP PRO BY DUP
1. a particular course of action designed to enable a Preclear to discover that he is able to make and break communication with the physical universe; the result of the procedure is the Preclear realizing that he can let go of various pieces of his engram bank.
1. to be in action so as to produce an effect; act; work. 2. to bring about a desired or appropriate effect; have a certain influence. 3. to perform a surgical operation.
1. able to act and handle things.
1. a Clear (a Being with no reactive bank) who has been refamiliarized with his capabilities and is willingly and knowingly at cause over matter, energy, space, time, form and life. 2. a Being who is not dependent on the universe around him; a Being who can operate independently of his body; a Being exterior who can have but doesn’t have to have a body in order to control thought, life, matter, energy, space and time. 3. a Being who is completely free.
- (1) one who is knowing and willing cause over life, thought, matter, energy, space and time. [Kevin Brady]
- See also OPERATING BEING
1. a view, judgment or appraisal held by a person.
1. a Preclear who has private goals quite the reverse of getting better.
1. kept down by cruel or unjust use of power or authority. 2. trampled down by an opposing force.
1. unjustly harsh or tyrannical. 2. causing discomfort.
OP PRO BY DUP see OPENING PROCEDURE BY DUPLICATION
1. from the viewpoint of the Individual, something which has in it the right amount of motion or unexpectedness for his tolerance.
1. that solution which brings the greatest benefit to the greatest number of dynamics.
1. function word indicating an alternative.
1. the sequence or arrangement of things or events; series; succession. 2. a state or condition in which everything is in its right place and functioning properly. 3. condition or state, in general. 4. a command, direction, or instruction, usually backed by authority. 5. a request or commission to make or supply something.
1. to put or keep in order; organize; arrange. 2. to instruct (another) to do something; command. 3. to request (something to be supplied).
(1) short for organizing board, a board which displays the functions, duties, communication routes, sequences of
- action and authorities of an organization. It shows the pattern of organizing to obtain a product. [Kevin Brady]
1. of, having the characteristics of, or derived from living organisms. 2. in philosophy, having a complex but necessary interrelationship of parts, similar to that in living things. 3. in medicine, producing or involving alteration in the structure of an organ; opposed to functional. 4. of or having to do with an organ. 5. inherent; inborn; constitutional.
1. irrational behavior caused by severe metabolic imbalance. 2. missing parts of the brain bring about insanity.
1. the awareness of the state of one’s body, internally.
1. that sense which tells the central nervous system the state of the various organs of the body.
1. any living thing. 2. anything resembling a living thing in its complexity of structure or functions. 3. a portion of MEST which has been organized and is being controlled by a Being; the physical manifestation of life.
1. a group of Individuals who are working together and who are united by a common purpose and goal. 2. an organizing or being organized.
1. to put into working order; get together and arrange.
1. a coming into existence or use; beginning. 2. that in which something has its beginning; source; root; cause. 3. a point of no-dimension, a point that has neither length, breadth, nor depth but is something from which one could view length, breadth and depth.
1. having to do with an origin; initial; first; earliest. 2. never having occurred or existed before; not copied; fresh; new; novel. 3. capable of or given to inventing or creating something new, or thinking or acting in an independent, individual, fresh way. 4. coming from someone as the originator, maker, author, etc.
1. with reference to origin, or beginning. 2. at or from the beginning; initially. 3. in the first place; chiefly. 4. in an original, independent, or novel manner.
1. to initiate a communication, message, etc.
1. a statement or remark made by the Preclear in session that refers to her own state or case; it is a sign that the Preclear is getting better. 2. an initiated communication, message, etc.
ORIGINATIONS plural of ORIGINATION
1. a viewpoint from which one can perceive anchor points. 2. a Being.
ORIGIN OF THE PRECLEAR see ORIGINATION
1. asking the Preclear the listing question “What has been overrun?” and listing it to one item.
1. suffix meaning the condition of: as, she has osteoporosis.
OT See OPERATING THETAN
1. different or additional one.
1. the condition of having a facsimile given to one so strongly that it looks more real to one than reality.
1. the condition of having one’s actions or conclusions determined by something or someone other than oneself.
1. unnamed additional persons distinct from those first mentioned; additional ones.
1. belonging to others.
1. a term used to describe a type of case in which the person is “afraid to find out.”
1. from among others. 2. in a direction away from the inside or center. 3. not in the right or proper state. 4. things which should be there and aren’t or should be done or aren’t: as, the use of conditions formulas was out in his life. see OUT-ETHICS.
1. created against too thoroughly.
1. the component of a person’s mind that analyzes and reasons logically during conscious moments of life; it can discriminate and think in terms of similarities and differences; it handles language through words, one step at a time, and is linear in nature; it control all conscious voluntary actions (such as swallowing and walking); it is composed of mental image pictures and records only during moments of consciousness; it has no emotions or power and draws emotions and power from the innermind; it is the part of the mind that a person is most aware of. 2. the conscious mind; analytical mind.
1. a term used to describe a person who is violating his integrity by acting against his own moral codes and the mores of the group. 2. a term used to describe an action or situation in which a person is involved contrary to the ideals and best interests of his group; an act or situation or relationship contrary to the ethics standards, codes or ideals of the group or other members of the group; an act of omission or commission by an Individual that could or has reduced the general effectiveness of a group or its other members; an individual act of omission or commission which impedes the general well-being of a group or impedes it in achieving its goals.
1. a person communicating to someone else. 2. a being interested.
1. impulsed or directed energy particles or thought or masses outwardly or to a terminal.
1. a wrong list item or a wrong list. 2. some kind of error in the list itself or the listing procedure.
1. a process that reduces the Preclear’s ARC in general; such a process would be “Look around here and tell me something you don’t like.”
1. a time other than the Clearing session; also used to describe a Preclear who, during a Clearing session, is unwilling to talk to the Clearing Practitioner and/or is not interested in his own case.
1. a term used to describe a Preclear who, during a Clearing session, is unwilling to talk to the Clearing Practitioner and/or is not interested in his own case.
1. being someone else.
1. any one datum that is offered as true that is in fact found to be illogical.
- (1) any one of several specific ways in which a relay of information or a situation can become illogical; any one datum offered as true that is in fact found to be illogical [Kevin Brady]
1. a list containing the elements of illogic and insanity.
1. an ARC break, present time problem, missed withhold or perpetration.
1. misemotional behavior caused by either an ARC break, present time problem, missed withhold or perpetration.
1. out technology; a term meaning that Alethanetics or Alethiology is not being applied or is not being correctly applied.
1. referring to a person who is in really bad shape.
- (1) a condition or instance of something being wrong, incorrect or missing [Kevin Brady]
1. across or through a space between two points. 2. excessive; too much; beyond the normal. 3. passing across or beyond.
1. the error of acknowledging the Preclear before she has finished. 2. giving an unnecessary number of acknowledgments, resulting in an upset Preclear.
1. the incident is too charged in one place to be confronted.
1. clearing beyond a grade of release attained.
1. continued a listing procedure beyond the point of achievement of completeness of the list.
1. listing after a complete list was obtained.
1. to make helpless; subdued; overwhelmed.
1. the condition of reactivating more charge than one can easily handle, accompanied by a feeling or conviction of being overwhelmed.
1. going on beyond the point where a repair is complete.
1. to continue a process past the completion point. 2. to run past; exceed; to continue a specified action beyond the point of a specific accomplishment or achievement. 3. to run a Clearing process or procedure past the completion point.
1. an action or a situation that has gone on too long or happened too often. 2. a term used to describe the running of a process or procedure past the completion point.
1. the act of continuing a process past the completion point.
1. going beyond a completion.
1. entered the case too high on the Life Expansion Chart.
1. open; public; observable. 2. done outwardly, without attempt to conceal and with evident intent.
- (1) a harmful act or a transgression against the moral code of a group. An overt act is not just injuring someone or something, it is an act of omission or commission which does the least good for the least number of people or areas of life, or the most harm to the greatest number of people or areas of life. [Kevin Brady]
1. a feeling or an act that is openly unfriendly and full of enmity and ill will.
1. to throw or turn over; upset. 2. destroyed; ruined; ended; conquered.
1. too much to handle or take. 2. to give a person the feeling that there are more things going on than she can possibly handle. 3. to send a communication with too much force, so that the person receiving it feels crushed.
1. to be made helpless by being overpowered by something; completely overcome; made helpless; submerged; crushed.
1. ability to see or touch or occupy.
1. that which belongs to oneself.
1. to be able to see, touch or occupy. 2. to admit; recognize; acknowledge. 3. to possess; hold as personal property; have.
1. seen, touched or occupied. 2. admitted; recognized; acknowledged. 3. possessed; held as personal belongings.
1. the state of being an owner; the possessing (of something); right of possession. 2. reactive charge which has been identified as specifically belonging to self or another. 3. relates to havingness; one can own something that one can have.
1. one’s own concept of oneself. 2. one’s own true identity.
1. an Individual’s aberrant behavior regarding the possession as property of another’s body.